Sustainability at Ramén Valves
For Ramén sustainability involves everything from how we design and manufacture products, how we engage our suppliers and what we offer our customers. We should always assess risks and thereby ensure the health and well-being of our employees, the environment and others affected by our activities. We are also responsible to assess opportunities and it is our absolute belief that a conscious organization will give rise to new business opportunities. One of the opportunities we have recently seized in regard to our environmental work is the additive production of titanium control valves. Read more about our additive manufacturing and its environmental benefits here.
Protection of resources
Our manufacturing process is certified according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. We constantly monitor and evaluate the materials and techniques used producing the Ramén Ball Sector Valve.
- All valves are made with electricity from renewable sources
- 97% of our packaging materials are reusable and non-plastic.
- Since 2015 we have reduced our use of chemicals by 25%
- We carefully sort all production waste which our certified supplier Stena Recycling pick up and refine into new raw materials and supply to industries worldwide. For more information go to Stena Recycling.
We take responsibility for our supply chain
Every third year we conduct a supplier evaluation and in between we keep a constant dialogue with our suppliers. A minimum requirement is that they are certified according to ISO 9001 and 14001 or that they can display similar documentation. When possible, we also carry out personal visits.
Being conscious is part of our daily operations
We aim to give our staff the necessary knowledge and authority to contribute to Ramén Valves being an environmentally responsible company.
- At the start of the employment all members of our staff undergo a course in how to be environmentally conscious at a workplace.
- All members of the staff have at least one assigned task that intends to reduce our environmental impact.