Control valve solutions for the mining industry
In the mining industry, the applications are often very demanding. To stay competitive on the market for raw materials, the equipment needs to be designed for the rough environment. Especially the highly abrasive and erosive slurry puts special demands on the valves to keep maintenance costs down.
Ramén KSG rubber lined valve – Developed for the mining industry
At Ramén we have decades of experience from working with the mining industry in Sweden, Finland and Norway. To better meet the needs of the industry, at the end of the 1970s Ramén developed the Ramén Ball Sector Valve model KSG; a rubber lined version of the model KS. KSG’s rubber lining makes it able to withstand the wear caused by hard particles in the slurry. Its resilience, excellent regulating characteristics and affordability made it completely unique on the market – and it still is.
The Ramén KSG ball sector valve is self drained, has no hidden cavities and causes no dewatering. There will be no clogging and the lifetime is more than ten times longer than for comparable other valve technologies. The straight through bore and short body construction means less wear. When it eventually does get worn the Ramén KSG ball sector valve is self-adjusting, which means that the valve changes operating position to keep flow characteristics intact.
Tailored valve solutions
Ramén provides the KSG valve for water and slurry control, Badger Meter RCV valves for chemical dosing and Cashco Inc. pressure control valves to mining applications all over the world, from diamond mines in Siberia to Swedish Iron ore mines. We understand the specific demands and tough applications and have both the knowledge and products to tailor control valves and pressure regulator solutions that are up for the challenge.
Applications and case stories
- In iron ore dressing plants – Throttling of deposit from thickener – Case story
- In iron ore dressing plants – Throttling control of water to magnetic separator where iron is separated from granite – Case story
- In zink ore dressing plants – Hand operated valve for throttling the outlet from rubber lined centrifugal pump – Case story
- In dressing plants for complex ores (Copper, Lead and Zinc) – Throttling control of deposit from so called Sulphur thickener
- Control of lime water
- Control of grinding water
- Slurry transfer
- Dosing of additives (Badger Meter RCV micro control valves)
- Dilution waters
- Controlling the flow of water to and from magnetic separators
- Controlling the flow of thickener effluents (Is this the correct expression? Steve?) Ramén KSG ball sector valve)
- Control of recycling water (Ramén KS ball sector valves)